What is a Postpartum Doula?
What is a Postpartum Doula?
A postpartum doula provides evidenced based information on things such as infant feeding, emotional and physical recovery from birth, mother–baby bonding, infant soothing, and basic newborn care.
A postpartum doula is there to help a new family in those first days and weeks after bringing home a new baby. Research shows that moms, dads and babies have an easier time with this transition if a good support team is in place.
Nature's Blossom Postpartum Doula's are available for small segments of time during the day to full overnight shifts. We even offer care 24/7 if you feel you need the support.
OUR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Daily compassionate care
- Provide valuable stability during overnights to support mom with feedings, bring snacks and drinks during feedings, change diapers, put baby back to sleep, and make sure the whole family gets much needed rest. Our postpartum doulas can completely handle overnight newborn care if desired.
- 24 hour care available
- Prioritize mom's emotional and physical recovery from birth
- Help facilitate parent–infant bonding during the vulnerable newborn stage
- Explain, encourage and provide hands-on techniques for effective infant soothing
- Unbiased support with feedings at the breast or bottle
- Assistance with all basic newborn care
- Help ease sibling transition with new baby
- Emotional support and stability as the whole family adjusts to their new normal
- Laundry and light errands
- Meal planning, preparation and light housekeeping,
- Help establish new routine for moms that are going back to work after maternity leave
- A calm presence when you need it the most
WE PRIORITIZE YOUR FAMILY
Nature's Blossom Postpartum Doula's provide families with unconditional professional support when your bring your baby home. Many new parents don't realize the statistics of recovery from childbirth. Our society tends to place unrealistic expectations on new moms while trying to navigate caring for a new little person and recovering from childbirth. Did you know that it takes a full 30 days to rest and physically recover from a vaginal birth, and cesarean deliveries require at least 40 full days of rest? We help you achieve your best recovery possible!
SUPPORT FOR ADOPTIVE PARENTS AND FAMILIES USING SURROGATES
But sometimes you aren't always the one recovering from delivery. We offer the same amazing support to families utilizing surrogacy and adoption to grow their family. The doulas that work with Nature's Blossom Postpartum Doula's are trained in the unique dynamics of postpartum support for adoptive/surrogate families and navigating those first precious weeks with your new baby.
Our sole purpose is to build your confidence in the tasks of parenthood and help enrich the bond with you and your new baby or babies.